6.13.2011

This is Northern California, kids.

Others may call it Ranch dressing. Here it's called "Shasta County ketchup." Like, if you go to a restaurant in town and ask for said sauce, people will know to bring you ranch. We're real classy up here.

Today was the first of hopefully many shooting sessions of the summer. Jessi shot her first shot gun. I realized I need to build my upper body strength so I can shove more than eight bullets into the magazine. Bryan... Well, Bryan supervised. And hit pretty much everything he aimed for. Go figure. 



I also took one of my favorite roads out to nearby Palo Cedro (yes, that name translated means cedar stick) and took some pictures off the side of the road. My camera doesn't do it any justice (sigh, no Nikon). Also, after already one chivalrous motorcyclist pulling over asking if I needed help, I felt it best not to pull over every time I saw a photo opportunity. Sigh. People are so nice here.

Yes, it's blurry because I was driving. But ahhhh, look at those mountains in the distance!


 Look at him, cute little Jetta!


Definitely one of my favorite drives in the entire world. Especially around sunset/dusk. Ahhh. Dearest friends (cough cough Suz, Kels, Nini, Abi, Eugi, etc...), if you ever come visit, I will take you on this lovely country drive :)

1 comment:

  1. um...i can't wait to come visit you!!! my kinda town...redding is!

    ReplyDelete