6.11.2011

My God created those mountains

After being home for nearly 48 hours, I'm finding it harder and harder to imagine a life without mountains. (Sorry LA, the San Gabriels don't count when I only see them 10 days out of the year.) I live in a place surrounded by mountain ranges. It's absolutely incredible. I was jogging this morning (I say "jogging" to describe the less intense cousin of "running", which may or may not include walking) and became simply overwhelmed by these blooming yellow flowers set against the backdrop of the Trinity Alps. Yet our God is more mighty and majestic than any mountain anywhere that's ever existed. No wonder Solomon's temple and the Lord's splendor is so often associated with a mountain in the Bible.


Why do you look with envy, O mountains with many peaks, at the mountain which God has desired for His abode? Surely the Lord will dwell there forever.
[Psalm 68:16]

How blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to You To dwell in Your courts. We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house, Your holy temple. By awesome deeds You answer us in righteousness, O God of our salvation, You who are the trust of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest sea...
[Psalm 65:4-5]

I'm a little obsessed with Psalms at the moment. As well as french braids, reading for fun, the flavor combination of dill & lemon, and my queen-sized bed. 

My first home-cooked meal of the summer was yesterday's lunch, where I took some inspiration from the lovely Heidi Swanson (if her food photography doesn't inspire you, I have little hope for you) to make orzo with a greek yogurt, lemon, and dill sauce. Sounds weird, bu it was delicious.





Why I love being home: there's always flowers around. (Expect that to be the same in our apartment next year, roomies!)

I guess it's nice to have access to my dad's Nikon, too.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, that second picture is amazing! you food photographer you (thanks Nikon!). Second of all, I love flowers at home too, so we will definitely have them next year!!

    ReplyDelete