8.11.2011

Recap

I mentioned in the previous post that I've been absent from this blog for over a month now. And it's true that a big part of that has to do with having a job that keeps me pretty busy. But another part of it has to do with feeling blahhhhh. I'm know you can relate to this feeling-- those times when you just want to sit and do nothing, but secretly want to do SOMEthing, but can't muster up the desire to do anything of importance.

And what was even more frustrating about that Eeyore condition was that I had no reason to feel or act that way. I have a personal relationship with the God of the universe. He has redeemed me and saved me from an eternity of burning in hell. His Spirit dwells in me! I, along with my brothers and sisters in Christ, am called to be a city on a hill, a light that draws people in and turns them to Jesus. At any given moment, I can enter into the throne room of the Almighty King. 

It was during this time that I could relate to Paul in the following passage more than ever:
For that which I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate... Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
[Romans 7:15,24]

But praise God for the freedom of the Gospel! Just three verses later, Paul writes this:
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.
[Romans 8:2]

So here I am! Free in Christ. Even if sometimes I feel like I'm fighting this war against sin on my own, in my heart I know that's simply a lie from the enemy. I mean, Romans 8 doesn't say "If God is for us, who is against us?" and "in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer" for nothing. THAT is Truth, my friends. With a capital "T." No matter how the enemy tries to deceive me with my emotions, I know where I stand with the Lord will never change. 

And that blows my freakin' mind. 

Speaking of blowing things up....
Me and Nick in Palo Cedro, CA

I love dweeby northern California.

No comments:

Post a Comment