7.15.2012

trés belle

My program in Paris has come to an end. Not to say that my time here is over-- I will be spending 10 more days in Europe, both in Interlaken, Switzerland and Paris. But there's no denying the fact that I will miss hanging out with 40 other kids my age, two absolutely fantastic TAs, and one incredibly generous and loving professor. 

Our last night spent together in Paris was, coincidentally, on Bastille Day (French Independence Day). This was, of course, entirely on purpose (thanks Teo!). Sitting on the Champs de Mars while munching on baguettes and goat cheese and laughing with friends was surreal. It almost feels like high school graduation... Except we haven't really completed anything academically (the take-home final is due in September, hehe) and we'll see each other back at UCLA. 

Before I get incredibly nostalgic, let me just say that while the city of Paris is breathtaking and intriguing, it was the experience of developing friendships with such an incredibly unique, hilarious, and compassionate group of people that will always stay with me. The Lord blessed me beyond belief on this trip and I'm so excited to see how He continues to use what He's taught me these last few weeks in the future! For those of you who kept me and my class in your prayers, I am both humbled and grateful for your diligence. I have never felt the prayers of my brothers and sisters in-Christ as much as I did on this trip! 



No comments:

Post a Comment