5.28.2011

"Money has never yet made anyone rich."

Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions... for where your treasure is, there will be your heart also.
[Luke 12:15,34]

Where is your treasure? Is it in Christ or the temporary security you find in financial stability? Is it in the One who brought you out of the pit of eternal separation from God or is it in the excess of possessions you cling to on earth?

Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness, Who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug.
[Isaiah 51:1]
Mo
I wish I could say my treasure always rests in the Lord. But too often I found my desires and ambitions invested in other things. The Lord has really been convicting me of the way I view and use money, specifically. Aside from tithing and the occasional hand-out, I think it's really easy for us Christians to view money as an entity separate from our life in Christ. Turns out, Jesus talks quite a bit about money in the Gospels, and not once does He say you can find satisfaction in money. 

My prayer for my myself and my brothers and sisters-in-Christ is that we would ask the Lord to show us how to use His money. When to spend, save, give, invest. May the world know us by our generosity with money, because, compared to the rest of the world, shouldn't we be radically different in the way we treat our money?

For we have brought nothing into the world, so we cannot take anything out of it either. And if we have food and covering, with these we shall be content.
[1 Timothy 6:7-8]

My treasure.
My security,
My stability.
My desires.
My ambitions.
My comfort.
My joy.
My satisfaction.
My contentment.

May they all be found in Christ alone.



1 comment:

  1. so true and convicting! i'm praying this prayer with you pammy!

    ReplyDelete